2006-02-21

Am I Evil?

I've been asked by some friends if, now that I work for an evil organization, I have turned evil myself. I thought I'd take a moment to answer that.

I do not consider myself to be evil, but I'm not what I would consider a good guy either. I think if I were a role-playing character you would call me Chaotic Neutral:

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but does not strive to protect the freedom of others. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. A chaotic neutral character doesn't intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others), evil (and a desire to make others suffer), or be lawful neutral. A chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it.

Chaotic neutral is freedom from both society's restrictions and a do-gooder's zeal.

And that kind of explains why I am here:
  1. The pay is good.
  2. All expenses are covered as far as room and board is concerned (my suite in the volcano has a great view).
  3. Hardware/software budget is limited only by what the shock troops can secure.
  4. The work is challenging.
  5. If anyone writes their password down on a post-it under their keyboard, I can have them killed.
...not that I have been responsible for anyone's death mind you, but it is good to know the option is there.

2 Comments:

Blogger westyx said...

Aren't you afraid that with the new emphasis on blowing up terrorists anywhere they are that the United States will invade?

10:51 AM, February 21, 2006  
Blogger The Evil System Administrator said...

I thought the emphasis was in having a war on 'Terror'. The funny thing is that you cannot have a war on a concept.

In any case, this organization tends to work under the radar most of the time, only surfacing when we need to hold the USA or the World ransom.

The USA tends to not come after us because they keep putting in a condition with their ransom money that we give them the superweapon we were threatening them with. I sometimes think they consider us more an R&D group than a threat.

5:18 PM, February 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home