2006-03-14

Server Room Progress

Work continues on the new server room. The vent holes leading out of the room are ideal, with one vent hole leading to the outer surface of the volcano for heat venting, and with a bit of drilling other vents were usable for routing network to the rest of the facility.

Power is in place, concrete has been poured to level the floor, and I have the shock troops out securing server racks. I was originally going to send them to Utah to steal some from SCO HQ as punishment for the ridiculous SCAMP-stack business, but being so evil I'm not allowed (the whole honor among thieves thing). Instead I just tracked down someone on eBay selling the ones I wanted and sent the shock troops to their office.

All that's left is to get the rest of the infrastructure in place and start installing servers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home